1PW8 not autofilling

Options
deej
deej
Community Member

I am having issues since going to 1PW8 with it not autofilling on multiple sites-including this one when trying to login. Some sites with this issue:
-RVtrader.com
-Zulily.com
-JCPenney.com
-fepblue.org
-1password.community

Also having issues in some apps-which I have not kept a list of yet.
These all worked previously.

Comments

• Hi @deej

Just to double-check, can you make sure that you changed over your device's autofill settings when you first opened 1Password 8? Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • AutoFill Passwords is turned on
    • 1Password is checked
    • all others, especially Keychain, are unchecked.

If that's the case, it would be useful if you can let me know where else you've been having trouble autofilling so that I can test it at my end. Look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• deej
    deej
    Community Member
    Options

Device's autofill settings are correct.

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with 1PW8 on my Iphone (16.0.2) and Ipad (15.7). I followed the instructions above. 1PW does nothing it should--saved login info does not appear, no option to use 1PW to create new PW.--on every site I've tried. I use FF 105.1 on both. Please help.

• @deej

Thanks for confirming that. In which case, let me know the app(s) or website(s) where you're having problems autofilling and I'll try them out here to see what's going on.

• @barryagrant

If you're using Firefox as your browser on your iPhone and iPad, you won't see any prompts to create new passwords with 1Password – that will only work in Safari with 1Password's extension turned on: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

When you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, you should see a list of suggested Logins based on the website you're visiting, with the option to search for others. Are you able to find any of your Logins using that pop-up? If you can describe what happens after you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard in a Password field on a website, I'll be able to help you with this further.

• deej
    deej
    Community Member
    Options

All 4 of the sites I had originally listed are working now and I have not come across any apps that do not work. Seems to be corrected now.

• @deej

Great! Keep an eye on things and if you run into any trouble, do let us know. :)

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

I just did two tests: On my iphone, the key does not appear on a site on which I have an account. On my Ipad, it does not appear on a site on which I am creating an account.

• @barryagrant

I'm sorry that Password AutoFill isn't working in Firefox on your devices. As a troubleshooting step, can you try Safari to see if it works there? Once you tap on either the username or password field on a website you should see the following above your keyboard:

-Dave

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

It works on Amazon on Safari. Creating a PW for a new site seems to work, but takes longer--I have to click first name,last name, email separately and then I had to realize I have to click the + to create a PW.

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

I just did two tests: On my iphone, the key does not appear on a site on which I have an account. On my Ipad, it does not appear on a site on which I am creating an account.

• @barryagrant

I'm sorry to hear that things still aren't working smoothly on your iPhone and iPad. Can you please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with the name of the websites that aren't working so that our team can assist further? After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.