Crash when filling in password asking for basic auth with Safari

ginoledesma
ginoledesma
Community Member

1Password 8 seems to crash consistently when being invoked using Command+\ on a website prompting the user for username+password modal (basic authentication).

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari 16.0
Referrer: forum-search:Crash when filling in password asking for basic auth with Safari

Comments

• ginoledesma
    ginoledesma
    Community Member
  • Hello @ginoledesma! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 8 is crashing when filling a basic authentication prompt on your Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file and attach the crash report that you mentioned to the email as well.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ginoledesma
    ginoledesma
    Community Member

Case #AZZ-24917-542

I notice the crash happens only with Safari. Chrome, Brave, and Firefox seem to behave correctly.

• @ginoledesma

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible. 🙂

ref: AZZ-24917-542

• outletsfax
    outletsfax
    Community Member

Hi. Is there an update on Case # AZZ-24917-542 for all of us who also face the same issue?

• @outletsfax

Thank you for following up. I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well.

It looks like our developers are on the case and we hope to release a fix in a future update. I don't have an ETA but hopefully we'll see this fixed soon. 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#17774

ref: dev/core/core#17788

• outletsfax
    outletsfax
    Community Member

Hi. Is there an update on Case # AZZ-24917-542 for all of us who also face the same issue?

• @outletsfax

Thank you for checking in. Can you update to version 8.9.10 and let me know if you can still reproduce the issue?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• outletsfax
    outletsfax
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

I updated to version 8.9.10 and restarted Safari just before I posted the latest question. Did you receive a confirmation from your developers that the issue is fixed? Are they having trouble reproducing?

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2022

@outletsfax

Version 8.9.10 has some fixes for a variety of crashing issues and I wanted to confirm that you were still experiencing this particular issue on the latest version. So that we can confirm that you're affected by the same issue, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• outletsfax
    outletsfax
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032) still crashes when authenticating through Safari. Please advise on what the team is doing to address the issue. Thank you.

• @outletsfax

Thank you for following up. The issues that I referred to back in October are both fixed which means that if 1Password is still crashing on your Mac then you're running into a different issue that we'll need to investigate further. Did you send in a diagnostics report back in December? If you did then can you post the Support ID for the ticket that was generated? It should look like this: [#ABC-12345-678]

Let me know and I can look into the status of your issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.