Use of USA exclusive mm/dd/year date formats in record 'Modified' VERY Confusing

Options
robfol
robfol
Community Member

**Love some help to feed this to 1P Dev, please.
Most of the world uses the dd/mm/year format. The USA uses mm/dd/year
This is part of the core system settings on a Mac and nearly all apps respect these settings.

Some areas of 1P let you change the formats OR 1P correctly respects the system settings
Setting the order date in a Software license is correct for Australia/IUK - dd/mm/year
But The last "modified date" in a 1P record uses US formats exclusively, and that is very confusing

So I may enter "Software Ordered 4/10/2022" and the very same record will show the record as "Modified 10/4/2022"

SEE IMAGE - That is NOT 10th Feb it is 2nd October, NOT 8 May but 5th August

In this case I noticed, but very easy to me misled on something that could be vital

I see no way to change this setting, 1P really should respect system settings throughout OR make all dates customisable

ANY HELP OR FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

Cheers Robert

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly this problem is known for many months and was reported quite often. The support staff acknowledged it's an open issue. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to be important enough to get finally fixed.

• Hi @robfol,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this and including such detail, it's very much appreciated! As @viswiz mentioned (thanks for jumping in!), this is something we're aware of. While I don't have any updates to share currently, I've added you to our internal tracker on the topic.

I agree that it's important and hope it hasn't impacted your workflow too much. I hope to have good news to share in the future. 👍🏻

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

same problem here - please correct the date format - this used to be correct but for some reason it's broken now - quite surprised this has been going on for nearly half a year and still not fixed - please sort this out

This discussion has been closed.