Offer to save passwords prompt is not working

Cyanok
Cyanok
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The offer to save passwords prompt is not working, I tried on both Windows and MacOS (12.6), none of them works.

Is there any way to fix it?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2075)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Cyanok,

Are you referring to the 'Save in 1Password' button that appears beneath a field? What happens when you click on it?

In addition, can you let me know if this is happening on a specific website?

Thank you!

• Cyanok
    Cyanok
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Hi @steph.giles,

I'm talking about the prompt after I click 'login' to a new website with new username and password, please refer to this video (timestamp from 3:14 to 3:22), like when you use Chrome browser passwords manager it will ask you whether you wanna save for every new login.

The 'Save in 1Password' button works just fine, but I wanna kinda make sure if it's the right password before I decide to save in 1Password, and I cannot do that if I don't click the 'login' button, so the prompt like I mentioned above is very helpful for that.

This is for the save new logins flow of every website, not any specific one.

Thanks a lot!

• WestW
    WestW
    Community Member

Unfortuantely and disappointing to many of us, 1PW8 now prompts to save the password BEFORE you hit the submit button and no longer does afterwards. This can cause 1PW to save a password even if a site then rejects it as the wrong format. Another step backwards for what was good about 1PW in the past :(

• Cyanok
    Cyanok
    Community Member

@WestW I just started to use 1PW and I found it really really good until I realize it doesn't have such function anymore, I'm kinda dissapointed, it's nearly perfect for me :(

• WestW
    WestW
    Community Member

it's not too late to try 1PW 7 instead. It was absolutely rock solid and was near perfect. Fields were filled properly. It was easy to generate passwords. The browser extension was in sync with the app (no longer true with 1PW 8).

The changes they made with 1PW 8 (new development platform) stripped away many of the subtle things that made 1PW so great. You can download 1PW 7 from their website and your existing vault data file will interface properly.

This discussion has been closed.