Quickly accessing details for a website

craig_francis
craig_francis
Community Member

When on a website, is there a quick way of getting to the extra details that are stored within 1Password?

For example, some websites do that annoying thing of asking for the 6th and 3rd letter of your memorable word, or I might want to view the notes field, or access a second URL that's associated with that login, etc.

I'm fairly sure in v7, I could press [cmd]+[/] to get the equivalent of a quick access window, and it provided a list of relevent login items, with the first one pre-selected, and the details immediately shown.

Now, when I open the new "Quick Access" window, it shows me a random selection of entries, so I have to search for the website (me typing in a domain name is a really bad idea at the best of times, especially if I find myself on a phishing website)... then I press the [right] arrow, or press [cmd]+[o] to open in a new window.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: MacOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome 107 (beta)

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022

Hi @craig_francis

If you're already in your browser, you can open the 1Password extension by pressing ⇧⌘X (Shift–Command–X). If you're using Firefox, the default is ⌘. (Command–Period). That'll look like this:

You'll see Suggestions by default, which will include any Logins which match the website you're visiting. You can then see all the details for an item from there.

If you haven't yet installed 1Password in your browser, you can do so from here: Get started with 1Password in your browser.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

Thanks Grey, that's good to know... shame I Chrome won't allow me to change the shortcut to ⌘ [/], as that's very much built into muscle memory.

• @craig_francis – You're welcome. And yes, Chrome requires that any shortcuts you choose must have a letter in them. With a bit of practice, I've been able to get the hang of ⇧⌘X and I just treat it like a piano chord with the left hand – thumb on Command, pinky on Shift, and index finger on X. You can always play about with the shortcut and set it to anything that includes a letter, just as long as that's not already in use, of course!

This discussion has been closed.