Changing a password (on website) does not get into my vault

Options
elliotg22
elliotg22
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am a very new user. I imported my password list from Chrome (Windows). I then realised that one of the entries had a ridiculously short password so I went to the website in question and reset my password. I definitely clicked on save to 1password. Nothing changed in my 1password entry. Even tried it on a different browser ( Edge in place of Chrome). tried closing and reopening. Nothing worked, the old password was still there. I then tried removing the complete entry. Gone! I then relogged into the site, careful to click save to 1 Password. This new data never gets in to vault. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changing a password (on website) does not get into my vault

Comments

• elliotg22
    elliotg22
    Community Member
    Options

I have managed to achieve what I was after, but in a somewhat roundabout way.
    1 I first changed the password on the website whose password needed changing
    2 I them copied the new password to the clipboard
    3 I then opened the existing entry in the App, clicked edit, and overwrote the old password with the new one.

This worked, but I would have thought that the copying and pasting should be unnecessary. That is, simply clicking on "Save to 1password" when I made the change on the target website would do this without the need for ant further editing action directly on the Vault entry itself.

Not that important for the odd one or two passwords, but would slow things down if you were out to improve a large number of passwords (which I think I should do).

• elliotg22
    elliotg22
    Community Member
    Options

I have been trying this out more thoroughly today.. I found the following guide which I had not seen yesterday (my first day). https://support.1password.com/generate-website-password/. The first method, (which was what I was trying yesterday) seems to work for some, but not all websites. Using cut and paste seems to be the most reliable!. I am not sure what the difference is but clearly relates to the website itself.

This discussion has been closed.