1Password on Mastodon

Feature: Get icon from URL for me

svishsvish
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Lounge

Currently there's only two ways to get a proper icon for login items:

• 1Password happen to already have one in their list
  • I have to manually download an image, edit an item, click on the item, "Choose new icon...", find the image and select it.

This is very much a hassle. Most websites these days already have high-res versions of their icons available, either via their favicon, via meta-tags in their HTML, or via a standard manifest-file. And it seems you even actually already load some of them into the app!

1. When you already load it, why don't you use it?
  2. How about adding an option in addition to "Choose new icon...", for example "Fetch icon from..." and let me pick one of the URL's I've added to the item? It should then be trivial for the 1Password app to go fetch that URL, potentially look for an app manifest, and either way, find a good sized icon from either the HTML directly, or a manifest-file.

Additionally, there should be a "Use default" option, which would use whatever icon 1Password would use by default.

And... in the case that 1Password adds new high-res images to ones I have custom ones for, maybe some sort of notification with the option to remove my custom icon and use your new high-res default instead?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member
    edited October 2022

Hello @svish,

Sorry for the delay in response. I can see that you been chatting with a colleague via and this issue was reported there as well. If you'd like, you can continue the conversation over there. We've filed this issue internally with the team. We appreciate your report of this behaviour!

ref: dev/core/core#18063
    ref: AVV-71423-492

• svishsvish
    Community Member

@ag_mike_d If it's added as an issue in your list, then I'm happy. I just decided to also post it here, as it was easier to provide more details here, screenshots and such.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hi @svish - thanks for your reply and reporting it here as well. 😀

• madsmads
    Community Member

I, too, would like to see these features implemented, so please keep the rest of us updated as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file