Rich Icons missing in List View

Options
2»

Comments

• @damcify

Thank you for the reports. I've forwarded the links to our development team. 🙂

-Dave

• tristramcf
    tristramcf
    Community Member
    Options

This would not appear to be a hard problem to solve, and allegedly the devs are working on this issue that has been known for nearly a year. Icons visible in one place - not visible in another place. Feels like you’re wasting everyone’s time. There’s a vast list of examples here, and no progress. I have over 1000 entries in my vault. This is hampering ability to identify things easily. When you force folk to a subscription model, expectation that stuff like this gets fixed quickly goes up considerably.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @tristramcf,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I'm unable to provide any details about when this will be fixed, but have passed your feedback along to the team.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: dev/core/core#18063

• damcify
    damcify
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to a fix. Understand it is hard to prioritize when there are other important features like passkeys.
    Still the finish is just an important in the end if not more important . Sure you will figure it out!

• @damcify,

Thanks for your understanding! Feedback like this always get passed along to the appropriate teams (Development or Product). They use this feedback, as you've mentioned to help prioritize issues and work them when possible. We appreciate your continued patience!

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I have some more now...

7digital.com
    centercode.com
    auctionsniper.com
    eprofessional.bcs.org
    bikeradar.com
    bleep.com
    boomkat.com
    cwjobs.co.uk
    totaljobs.com
    d16.pl
    deepershades.net
    auth.digidentity.eu
    dv247.com
    findajob.dwp.gov.uk
    elektron.se
    fairfax.com
    gear4music.com
    gooutdoors.co.uk
    groove3.com
    healthlottery.co.uk
    interflora.co.uk
    jobserve.com
    junodownload.com
    king.com
    Lacoste.com
    laterooms.com
    lexulous.com
    ministryofsound.com
    mixlr.com
    motu.com
    naturesbest.co.uk
    neteller.com
    Nexon.com
    novationmusic.com
    pixelmator.com
    podomatic.com
    protonradio.com
    robpapen.com
    shopto.net
    simplygames.com
    soundonsound.com
    soundtoys.com
    spareroom.co.uk
    tmlewin.co.uk
    trade2win.com
    traxsource.com
    usc.co.uk
    vtuner.com

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

Are we ever going to get some consistency with this? Driving me nuts, I know its probably low priority due to things like passkeys, as someone already mentioned, but accessibility is also a big topic these days and as a visual person, these icons are extremely important to me, and I'm sure many other people.

It's annoying when there is an icon present on the item but it does not show in the list view. There are also many that are mismatched, both icons exist but they are different between views.

• mfitzen
    mfitzen
    Community Member
    Options

It's a bit weird why 1PWD isn't able to fetch favicons like any other pw manager do (for example keepass xc)

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

There used to a way to refresh these icons manually in earlier versions of 1P which no longer exists. I'm becoming more frustrated with 1P's lacking features which I used to utilise fairly regularly on earlier non-cloud based versions. They are not all relevant to this topic so I won't make a list, but some still exist on the web client and it is not fun working in that interface (or having to visit it at all when I am on my main computers) :(

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@mfitzen , favicons are minuscule and look dreadful, I do appreciate we have much higher quality icons in 1P (the ones that work). My main issue is WITH favicons, I want rid of that ultra low-res image where possible, and many already better images exist in the item view but not the list. For items with an imaged pulled down from somewhere by the 1P app....we cannot delete it (only replace it). That would be better than having to put up with them tbh, additionally, many of my 1P entries won't even update the the latest favicon from a website (perhaps it comes from a cache hosted by 1P themselves, I'm not sure), but even that would be preferable to having favicons with decade(s) old branding etc which can't be removed.

• mfitzen
    mfitzen
    Community Member
    Options

every low res icon is better than no icon...

• Good morning folks,

Thanks for continuing the conversation and providing some additional examples. The team is still working on making improvements here. While I don't have further timelines to share. We're hoping to see this roll out to updates in the near future. 🤞

As always, please ensure you're keeping 1Password up-to-date and watching 1Password Releases for the latest news about updates and fixes.

We appreciate your continued patience.

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone else on this thread who is interested, I found this open source project which grabs high quality icons from a given URL and it is superb. I've just spent the last hour or 2 filling in a fair few of my missing icons and updating icons which were still rocking low res favicons which just look...😬

I fully recommend this for anyone else who has slight OCD with icons on any of their 1password entries (or who wants to generate icons for any other purpose). The GitHub project linked above has a site where you can just pop in the URL you want an icon for and get the result without any technical faff...

https://besticon-demo.herokuapp.com

Also, I'm running a pre-release version of 1password and noticed that some of the sites I listed earlier in this thread now seem to be either picking up missing icons and also displaying (matching) icons on items which were either mismatched, or the icon in list view was missing even though there was an icon on the item itself. So progress there it seems 👍🏼😁. Still, the above site is well worth a look imo.

• Hello @Ind3X - thanks for this help with the community!

The works continues from our end. 😁

• am212
    am212
    Community Member
    Options

Would I be right in thinking that this issue - rich icons not displaying in the list view - happens when the favicon is an ICO format, rather than PNG? (I've been playing with the link @Ind3X provided above and think I may have spotted a theme...)

• Hi @am212, folks,

Thanks for reply and interest in the subject of rich icons not displaying in the list view. The team is aware of the issue and has a plan. Things are in motion for a future update.

As always, I have no timeline to share, but urge you all to keep watch at 1Password Releases the latest updates.

If you'd like test out the latest fixes and cutting-edge features, you can Use 1Password beta releases or instead adjust the channel to nightly for the nightly releases.

We appreciate your continued patience!

• Hello everyone,

An issue that prevented 1Password from displaying rich icons in the item list has now been resolved as of the latest update! 🎉

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for your patience and your reports. If you still see the issue after updating and restarting 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18063