IOS how can I see version 8 choices and not version 7 choices?

Options
dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

I am just moving in IOS from 1P v7 to v8 which is all set up now in IOS. When I try to sign into an app or website it still is showing me the sub choice of 1Password version seven but not version eight.

So far I still have both versions on iOS. Do I need to delete Version seven before Version eight will show up as the proper password fill-in choices?

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• Hello @dealtek! πŸ‘‹

You can set 1Password 8 to be the source for Password AutoFill on iOS by following these steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select 1Password 7.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps! πŸ™‚

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

That does seem to work - Thanks.

After I am confident that 1P v8 is working do you suggest deleting v7?

Also - https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I tried this in v7 but these was no delete Vault choice: why not?

Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    Tap Settings > Vaults > Primary.
    Tap Delete Vault.
    Uninstall 1Password 7.
    Get 1Password 8 from the App Store.

• @dealtek

The instructions in that guide only apply if you have an older standalone vault that isn't part of your account. Do you see a vault named "Primary" (not "Private" or "Personal") in 1Password 7?

If you do then I recommend that you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our migration team can take a closer look. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. πŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.