Windows Hello not available

Options
rg937
rg937
Community Member

When I first installed 1Password about a month ago I was able to unlock the windows 1Password app using Windows Hello. About a week ago the option disapeared.

In the settings of the 1Password windows app is "Unlock using Windows Hello" which is enabled. I have also tried disabling and re-enabling that.

The only option I'm given to unlock the 1Password app is "You need to enter your account password before you can use Windows Hello.". I get that every time I need to unlock it.

I proceed to enter my 1Password password which successfully unlocks the 1Password app. There's never any presentation of Windows Hello.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Roger.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rg937,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear that you are having some troubles with Windows Hello.

Could you let us know if enabling the setting to use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello, helps at all: Windows Hello - Manage your settings

Depending on the version you are using (Beta/Nightly), this may alternatively appear under the Windows Hello option in the Settings > Security > Unlock menu.

If you continue to have issues afterwards, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• rg937
    rg937
    Community Member
    Options

That "Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello" option seems to have worked, thanks. It gave a warning about security risk in using that relating to other applications which I didn't really understand, as to it's significance in balance of using Windows Hello or not.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello again @rg937,

I'm happy to hear that turning on the TPM option helped!

It gave a warning about security risk in using that relating to other applications which I didn't really understand, as to it's significance in balance of using Windows Hello or not.

With regard to this comment about the security risk, take a look at my reply here to another customer who had a similar question. That thread dives deeper into this subject - I hope this helps.

Thanks and do let us know if you have additional concerns!

This discussion has been closed.