iPadOS 16.1 - Crash on launch

Options
ahankins
ahankins
Community Member

After updating to iPadOS 16.1, 1Password crashes instantly on launch. Tried force quitting the app and restarting. I also tried blocking Face ID from recognizing me then typing in my Master Password but it crashes as soon as it is unlocked.

Have not tried more invasive troubleshooting such as deleting/reinstalling the app or erasing the iPad.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ahankins,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles with this crash. In the thread shared by @MrC (thanks!), another customer had some luck when uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password 8. Could you give this a try and if it helps, please create a diagnostics report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I did receive an email but there is no Support ID number.

I will say that this morning the app is launching just fine. I haven’t done any further troubleshooting so not sure what changed but I sent the diagnostics anyway incase it is helpful.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thank you, @ahankins and sorry for the troubles.

I'm happy to hear things are working better, but the diagnostics report should be helpful in discovering the cause. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience!

ref: ICD-99241-745
    ref: dev/core/core#18214

This discussion has been closed.