I have multiple 1password apps on my imac and multiple 1password extensions on Safari.

Options
Gary_S
Gary_S
Community Member

How to I clean up my apps and extensions? How do I know which is the latest app and latest extension? Can I just delete all 1password apps and all 1password extensions, and just reinstall the latest version of each? thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can i delete and reinstall 1password from my imac

Comments

• Hello @Gary_S! 👋

If you're using Safari then you'll want to see the following in your Mac's Applications folder:

1. 1Password.app (this is 1Password 8 for Mac)
    2. 1Password for Safari.app (this is 1Password for Safari - which allows you to fill and save logins in the browser)

If you see something different, or are using a browser other than Safari, then let me know and I can advise further. 🙂

-Dave

• Gary_S
    Gary_S
    Community Member
    Options

I have the following:

1Password.app. (version 8.9.4)
    1Password for Safari.app (version 2.3.8)
    1Password 7 2.app (version 7.9.6)

I tried to move the last one (version 7.9.6) to trash, but it says it cannot be moved to trash because it's open. But I do not see where any 1Password app is open.

• Gary_S
    Gary_S
    Community Member
    Options

I also have a 1Password extension in Chrome (1Password – Password Manager).

• @Gary_S

Thank you for the reply. You can remove "1Password 7_2.app" by following these steps:

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password 8 icon in your menubar and click Quit.
    3. Open the Applications folder on your Mac.
    4. Double-click on "1Password 7_2.app" to open 1Password 7. You don't need to unlock the app.
    5. Right click on the 1Password 7 icon in your macOS menubar and click Quit 1Password Completely.
    6. Open the Applications folder on your Mac again.
    7. Drag "1Password 7_2.app" to the trash.
    8. Restart your Mac.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• Gary_S
    Gary_S
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, Dave. I followed your directions and it worked. No issues that I can see. 1Password 7_2 is in the trash, and I only have one extension in Safari and one extension in Chrome! I appreciate your help

• @Gary_S

I'm happy that I was able to help. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.