ARM64 Support - When?

hperkins
hperkins
Community Member

Hello, this is my first post in the community. Have there been any updates since the posts in this thread? (June 2021) If so, what stage in development is this update in?

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/601272/#Comment_601272

I apologize if this has been asked recently or is being discussed in another thread.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @hperkins – welcome to the 1Password Community! 🙋

Right now, 1Password 8 works really well under emulation on Windows On ARM. To give you some context, I usually use a Mac, but with multiple virtual machines of Windows, macOS, and various versions of Linux. Even in a virtual Windows 11 machine, on an ARM-based computer, 1Password 8 for Windows runs very smoothly and without any performance problems.

That said, we are still aiming to include native support for ARM processors in a future version of 1Password for Windows, but there's no clear timeframe on that at the moment, given how well the x86_64 version works. If you've been holding off on installing 1Password 8 for Windows, I'd say give it a try and let me know how you find it. If you'd like any help with 1Password or you have any questions, please do ask and the team and I will be here to help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.