Is The Auto Submit Feature Still Not Being Planned For?

Options
aakash
aakash
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

Hello! I am looking for a replacement password manager solution to Roboform and am evaluating a few different solutions. I have narrowed it down to Keeper and 1Password, but I am very interested in 1Password. However one major missing item in 1Password I am coming across is the Auto Submit feature. I found these two references that indicate that 1Password had no plans to support the Auto Submit feature as of 2020 and beginning of 2021:

https://1password.community/discussion/120346/does-1password-auto-submit-after-filling-fields-like-roboform-does
https://1password.community/discussion/comment/542895/#Comment_542895

Since we are near the end of 2022, has anything changed with this - does 1Password still have no plans to support this feature? This feature would help save time and additional clicks too. It's rare that I've had a problem on a site where Auto Submit didn't work. Perhaps a middle ground would be to offer the Auto Submit feature in a default "off" state, and allow users to toggle it on for some sites should they choose to (or allow users to default to it on and then disable it for specific sites)?

It appears older versions of 1Password did support this, so I would love to see support for it again:
https://1password.community/discussion/90109/how-do-i-use-auto-login-on-sites-in-chrome-with-1stpassword
https://1password.community/discussion/82928/auto-submit-does-not-work-on-edge-extension

This is a feature I have used in Roboform for many years now where you right click on an entry to "Log in" (which does the Auto Submit), or just "Go Fill", which loads the site and fills in the login entry but does not auto submit. Keeper appears to offer a toggle approach where it is on by default, but it can be turned off for specific sites if needed.

I am enjoying the 1Password UI, support team and features, and am very interested in switching, but the lack of the Auto Submit feature is holding me back since I've been used to using the Auto Submit feature for many years now.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ MS Edge (Chromium)
Referrer: forum-search:auto submit

Comments

• Hello @aakash,

Thanks for your message and giving 1Password a try. I'm happy to hear that you've been enjoying it!

I don't have any news to share, but an auto-type or auto-submit feature is still something we'd like to bring to 1Password 8 in Quick Access in the future. I've included a vote for you in the feature request we're tracking internally.

While I can't confirm when or if this will make into 1Password, it's to keep an eye on our release notes for updated features like this.

ref: IDEA-I-193

• aakash
    aakash
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update! I use many different browser profiles, and sometimes I need to login InPrivate mode too (I allow my password manager in InPrivate) if I'm testing something. Would Quick Access work in these scenarios? If not, please also support this in the browser extensions too (this is how I use it with Roboform today).

Is there any way to track specific features so we don't need to keep reading the release notes each time?

Thanks!

• Hello again @aakash,

Would Quick Access work in these scenarios?

We're still not there yet, but this is the plan for quick access.

In the meantime, the Chrome extension for example, you can enable 1Password in incognito sessions by going to chrome://extensions/ selecting Details for 1Password - Password Manager and toggling on "Allow in incognito" option.

Is there any way to track specific features so we don't need to keep reading the release notes each time?

Feature requests are tracked internally by the Product team. There is currently no way for the progress or state of a feature to be otherwise tracked.

I hope this helpful, but do let us know if you have further questions.

• aakash
    aakash
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I'm aware of how to allow a Chrome extension in InCognito mode (this is what I currently do). If I understood your original reply, the auto submit is not being planned for the Chrome extension, but rather only planning to be implemented in Quick Access, which won't allow the scenario I outlined above?

Thanks.

• Hello again @aakash,

Thanks for the update. You are correct, this feature was for Quick Access. We also have a separate request open for an auto-submit feature in 1Password in the browser. I've included a vote for you there as well! 👍

ref: IDEA-I-1609

This discussion has been closed.