Copy does not match sorting in list when sorting by Password Strength

Options
nrfirth
nrfirth
Community Member

When you are sorting an item list by Password Strength, the copy under the sorting direction is still based on age. This is how I got the below screenshot though it shows up whenever a list is sorted by Strength:
1. Go to Watchtower
2. Click the bar in "Overall Password Strength" to see a list of passwords sorted by Password Strength
3. Click the "Sort items" button
4. The copy allows you to choose between "Newest first" or "Oldest first" (though selecting either actually sorts by Password Strength instead of age)

I have not checked this on Windows. On iOS, the copy is correct in Watchtower when sorting by Password Strength.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Copy does that match when sorting

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hey there @nrfirth

Thanks for the screenshot of this. In my testing I found that on any device where I hadn't already sorted by Password Strength in Watchtower, the Password Strength sorting option wasn't checked (as it isn't in your screenshot). Once I chose Password Strength as the sorting option, the text below became "Strongest First" and "Weakest First". Then, I wasn't able to uncheck Password Strength as the sorting option, so it only happened once on each device.

Sorry for the confusion here. I'll pass this along to the development team so that they're aware of it. In this context, the Password Strength sorting option should be checked by default, since it's the only option. It's not immediately clear why it wouldn't be. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#18416

This discussion has been closed.