1P8 for Desktop - App Autofill Not Working

Options
Knightfall31
Knightfall31
Community Member

Howdy folks,

I'm in a trial period for 1Password and enjoying it so far, plan to keep the membership provided the functionality continues to be as good as it has been. I'm trying to work out Autofill in Windows Apps, specifically Discord at the moment. I'm on

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎8/‎17/‎2020
OS build 19043.2130
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
1Password for Windows 8.9.8 (80908009)

and so far have enabled TPM / Windows Hello PIN login and otherwise had a great experience with anything in browser. When I launched the Discord app however there's no autofill option, I can launch Quick Access via Ctrl+Shift+Space but Ctrl+\ does not seem to run any autofill despite that being the designated shortcut for it. Further, looking online I see mention of an entire Autofill section in the settings which I don't seem to have (or in general see anything related to Autofill in settings) - perhaps I'm seeing information for a Mac/Linux version? Additionally, when I go to my saved login information for Discord in 1Password for Windows, I see it saved for the Discord website as well as Discord mentioned under Linked Apps. My other thought was perhaps there is a permission setting in Windows I must enable for it to work?

Is there an autofill functionality on Windows for apps such as Discord? I've really enjoyed the Android autofill working across pretty much all browsers and apps on that platform, and hoping for the same experience on desktop.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.2130
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @Knightfall31

The Ctrl + \ shortcut you're seeing in 1Password's Settings is to trigger autofill in the browser, rather than in other apps. For other apps, you can use Quick Access to copy and paste the appropriate information into your other Windows apps. If you press the → right arrow key when Quick Access is open, you'll see all the available keyboard shortcuts for the item you've selected, or you can press Ctrl + Shift + / to see all keyboard shortcuts. To copy fields from an item, you can:

Copy Username: CtrI + C
    Copy Password: CtrI + Shift + C
    Copy One-Time Password: CtrI + Alt + C

The feature you're describing sounds like Universal Autofill, which only works on macOS: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

• Knightfall31
    Knightfall31
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for such a detailed response @GreyM1P - I think that covers my question very well, but I am curious if there is some sort of autofill in the pipeline for Windows? I imagine it would be quite complex, but just curious. Thanks again!

• GreyM1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Knightfall31

You're welcome! Right now, I don't have any news about Universal Autofill for any other platforms, such as Windows, but I'll let the Product team know that you're interested in seeing it. Keep an eye on the 1Password Releases blog to see what's new as 1Password develops. And as always, you can ask us anything here or by email at support@1password.com whenever you like. :)

ref: IDEA-I-1675

This discussion has been closed.