Safari reauthorization period doesn’t work

kic2807
kic2807
Community Member

I recently changed to a new phone and set safari reauthorization to two weeks but i need to type in the master password daily. What am i doing wrong? It worked fine before changing the device. Please help!

Comments

• Kabaye
    Kabaye
    Community Member

It's the same for me! I think this is a bug in the latest update. Because I used to use the 8th version of 1P and it worked. But after the last update, everything goes wrong!
    Currently, my 1P version is 8.9.7
    iOS - 16.1
    Device - iPhone 13 Pro Max

• Hello @kic2807 and @Kabaye! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being prompted for your account password repeatedly. Can you please try the following steps:

1. Restart your iPhone.
    2. Open the main 1Password app using your account password.
    3. Switch to another app.
    4. Switch back to 1Password. Are you able to unlock the app using Face ID?
    5. If the answer to question 4 is yes, open Safari and try to fill a login: Fill logins and other items

Are you prompted to unlock 1Password for Safari using your account password or Face ID? If you're prompted to unlock using your account password then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

@AMonitorDarkly

If you sent in a diagnostics report as I suggested in the other thread then let me know the Support ID and I can make sure that it gets to the right team. 🙂

-Dave

• Kabaye
    Kabaye
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@Dave_1P
    Did I sent email to the correct address?

[Image removed by 1Password Support since it contained personal information.]

@AMonitorDarkly
    And here same situation also! Just reinstalled the app and problem disappeared….

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022

@Kabaye

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. As mentioned in my post above, you can send the diagnostics report to support+forum@1password.com. Sending the report to support@1Password.com also works. One of my colleagues will investigate further over email after looking at the diagnostics report but I'm happy to hear that reinstalling the app resolved the issue.

I've removed your image from your post since it contained your email address and I wasn't sure if you wanted that exposed on a public forum. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.