Problem with connect server: unable to get credentials and initialize API

We recently went through a process to rejigger some of the tokens that are used for 1password connect. However, upon doing this, it seems that our integrations with our 1password connect server stopped working.

I'm pretty new to this service, but the errors that I'm seeing in the logs are:

(I) GET /v1/vaults completed (408: Request Timeout)\
(I) token received, getting credentials and initializing API\
(E) Server: (unable to get credentials and initialize API, retrying in 16s), Authentication: (failed to SigninWithCredentials), Signin credentials are not compatible with the provided user auth from server

We've tried a few things thus far:

1. Regenerating the tokens again in the secrets automation. Aren't these just used for communicating from the client SDK to the 1password connect server?
  2. Restarting the 1password connect server
  3. Redeploying the 1password connect server

We haven't been able to regenerate the 1password credentials JSON file, and aren't really sure how to regenerate that.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 1password docker
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to get credentials signinwithcredentials

Comments

• mikeglazer
    mikeglazer
    Community Member

We ended up fixing this issue by regenerating all the tokens, the credentials file, and then completely redeploying the service with the new credentials. Unsure what of this was required.

• jla
    jla
    Community Member

@mikeglazer might you be able to indicate how you regenerated the credentials file?

• mikeglazer
    mikeglazer
    Community Member

I believe that it required going into the 1Password settings view and deleting all the existing tokens, and then recreating them with new permissions and then downloading the associated credentials file at the end.

I can't recall the precise details though.

This discussion has been closed.