Browser unlock bug (Edge)

This happens on my computer running Windows 10 and also on my laptop running Windows 11 ... My browser is running all day long. Computer locks, go about and do stuff, come back to my computer. I click on one of my (already opened) browser tabs and then click the 1Password browser extension (Microsoft Edge) and I am prompted to unlock it by entering my password. I do that. The icon unlocks and I can prefill that webpage. Now I will immediately click on another tab in the SAME browser and the 1Password icon is locked. Why? I just unlocked it. I click the icon and enter my password. No error message but the login box goes away and the icon is still locked. I will do this 2 or 3 times. Same result. Finally, I will click on my Start menu and launch the 1Password Windows app. Now I am prompted to enter my PIN number. 1Password for Windows unlocks, and NOW finally, the browser extension shows as unlocked. This has happened probably a dozen or so times in the past few weeks. Not sure if this is the result of a 1Password update or a browser update or what.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rocinante 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to describe the details of what you're seeing.

It sounds like the 1Password browser extension is having some trouble showing the unlocked state due to the integration with the 1Password app. As you mentioned the app wasn't running, but when you opened it the extension becomes unlocked. For context, when the app integration setting is turned on in the browser extension and you try to unlock it, it should try and spawn the app to complete the unlock sequence. Could you try the following steps and see if it helps the behaviour you're seeing?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults".
    4. Sign out of your account and Sign in again.
    5. Fully close the web browser.
    6. Fully quit the 1Password app.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. Once your computer turns back on, continue with the following:

1. Open and sign into the 1Password app first.
    2. Left click the 3 vertical dots in the top left corner and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under the General tab ensure 'Keep 1Password in the notification area' is checked.
    4. Then go ahead and re-open your web browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" option again.
    5. Test things out.

Let us know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.