I have an item that will crash desktop 1Password 7 if I click it

jonilujon
jonilujon
Community Member

I have an item that will crash desktop 1Password 7 if I click it in 1Password. I can still view the item on my phone.

1Password Version: 7.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Corrupt item

Comments

• jakebathman
    jakebathman
    Community Member

Same here, for me it's my main Google account. Just updated to macOS Ventura 13.0.1 this morning and then the problem started, so I'd assume that's relevant.

1Password Version: 7.9.7 (70907000)
    macOS Version: Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400)

I can share the crash log if it's helpful.

• Hello @jonilujon and @jakebathman! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 7 is crashing on your Mac. Our developers are investigating an issue with version 7.9.7 and I recommend that you temporarily revert back to 7.9.6 in order to workaround the issue. Please follow these steps (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menubar and click Quit 1Password Completely. (If you're unable to open the 1Password app at all then you can skip this step.)
    3. Drag 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download version 7.9.6 of 1Password 7 from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

ref: apple-5712

• jakebathman
    jakebathman
    Community Member

Great, thanks Dave. That worked just fine and gets us back to working order until a patch is released.

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member

Reverting fixed it. Thanks!

• Brad Stewart
    Brad Stewart
    Community Member

Fixed for me as well.

• alock
    alock
    Community Member

Same issue for me here, let me know if you need any logs to help with the debugging process. I really hope that this is not going to become a common pattern with 1Password 7. I guess it might be time to re-evaluate the password manager with the strong stance on local vaults in 1Password 8.

• apalca
    apalca
    Community Member

Thanks Dave, worked for me too.

• @jakebathman, @jonilujon, @Brad Stewart, and @apalca

I'm happy to hear that reverting back to version 7.9.6 has resolved the issue. 🙂

@alock

It looks like our developers have the logs that they need for the moment but we'll be sure to reach out if any other information is needed. Thank you for the offer!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.