How can I get 1Password to store/use 3 login authentication factors?

Options
reifhl
reifhl
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a login that requires 3 authentication factors - acct #, username, password. I would like to be able to store all 3 in 1Password and have them recalled when I log in using my desktop browser. I know how to store username and password, but need the acct # too.
The order they need to be provided are 1 - acct #, 2- username, 3- pw

Thx for any ideas and/or guidance

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.2 Chrome, 2.4.1 Edge
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome & Edge
Referrer: forum-search:website login requires account#, username, pw. How can I get 1Password to store/use all 3?

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @reifhl! 🙂

Successfully saving and filling all 3 fields you mentioned can sometimes depend on the specific site's page and form structure. To that end, could you share the website URL you're trying to save and fill these 3 factors?

You can also try this method to see if you can save all 3 fields as we'd hope:

1. Go to the website's login page.
    2. Type in your login information manually in all 3 fields - don't click login.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select 'Save Login' and save it as a New Item. (give it a unique name if needed so you can tell it apart if you have other login items for this site)
    5. Refresh the webpage.
    6. Test autofilling using 1Password using your preferred method.

Let us know if that helps, and if not, we can take a look a the actual site you mentioned and do some testing.

Cheers!

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @paul.m_1p @reifhl

let me participate in this discussion. I have the same troubles to save a login.
    The particular webpage is

https://secure.santanderconsumer.at/federated-login-ui

Even if I save a new login as described above 1Pw is not recognizing the field "Geburtsdatum".....

2 Screenshots added:

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @AustriaXXL, I took a look at the website https://secure.santanderconsumer.at/federated-login-ui. I tried saving a login and did have issues filling it. The issue seems to be related to the birthdate field. Both the birthdate and password fields are coded as password types. 1Password has a hard time saving and filling when there are multiple password type fields on a form.

I've reported this specific website to our developers. Hopefully, they will be able to investigate and come up with a solution for it in the future. In the meantime, I found that doing the following can get the login to fill:

1. Open the login from the 1Password app and click Edit.
    2. At the top, you should see the "password" field. Delete your password from there.
    3. Scroll down a bit and click on Add More > Password.
    4. Label this field Password and fill in your password.
    5. Click on Add More > Password again.
    6. Label this field "login-birthday-input" and fill in your birthday.
    7. Save these changes to the login.

This is what the login would look like once you are done: https://share.cleanshot.com/LP0YKWFH

Afterwards, the login should fill like this: https://share.cleanshot.com/GVjt8G3B

Please test that out and let us know how things go!

ref: dev/core/core#20406

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member
    Options

Hello and thank you @Joy_1P ,

You made my day by solving the issue with the particular login. Works fine. Maybe I can use it for any other tricky webpage..

Cheers!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AustriaXXL Glad to hear that things are well with the workaround! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help with anything else.

• reifhl
    reifhl
    Community Member
    Options

Tried the workaround of establishing another signin. There are 3 items the site wants - Company ID, user ID, pw. The first two are on the initial page, you have to select enter and are then prompted for the pw.
    When I resaved the signin per the instructions you gave and tried to sign in again, 1PW put the Company ID & user ID on the 'Company ID' field separated by a space instead of putting them on two separate fields.
    Any other suggestions I can try? Thx for your help.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reifhl Could you share the website URL with us? We'll have to take a closer look to help further.

• reifhl
    reifhl
    Community Member
    Options

Joy, go to AtlanticUnionBank.com and sign in under business banking. It wants an account & userid, then the next page wants my personal.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reifhl thanks for the link! Unfortunately, we are unable to get passed the page asking for the account & userid. To check on this further, we'd like for you to send us the structure of the page where the third field is located:

1. Navigate to the site and start the login process.
    2. On the page where the third field is located, right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to your next reply.

Attach the page structure to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.