Why I can't access to my 1password app Mac¿

Options
virplay
virplay
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

Every time I try to access to my 1password app for Mac I write the password but it doesn't open it. And yes, I am using the right password

Maybe cause I am on ventura?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this problem. My master password is working on my iPhone, a Windows laptop, and I can login to 1password.com. But on my Ventura-based MBP (13.0.1) with the same master password I can't login to: the Safari extension, the "full" 1password, or the Chrome extension.

On the MacBook, I quit 1Password and put the program into the trash, downloaded it from 1password.com, reinstalled it. No difference. Probably should have tried a reboot between delete / install.

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Strange. Got my Safari add-on to accept my master password. Once. Then a couple of minutes later it re-prompted for my master password and rejected it.

• PeterB66
    PeterB66
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. 1Password7 installs just fine, 8 is not accepting my password. 8 Works fine on my Windows PC's and iPad.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Could you please try signing in using our web app at https://start.1password.com/ and let me know if you are successful with that? If you had a Primary (standalone) vault in 1Password 7 and upgraded to 1Password 8, you will need to use your 1Password account password (the same one that works in the web app) instead of the "Master Password" for the Primary vault to unlock 1Password 8.

Ben

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

No problems logging into 1password.com, iPad, iPhone, or Windows PC with Master Password. I've been using 8 since it was released with no problems until 2 days ago.

Tried deleting the full client, reboot, reinstall. No change. Still getting "That didn't work. Check your password and try again."

• Ben
    Options

Hi @boberonicus

Thanks for that. My apologies, I see you mentioned you were able to sign in using the web app above as well. In my defense, not all of the posters indicated that. 😅 To troubleshoot further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Sent in the report (twice) this morning to support+forum@1password.com, no auto reply. Have also sent it to [#TYJ-34471-275]

• @boberonicus

Thank you for the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: TYJ-34471-275

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Fixed, thanks to support person Linda. Followed these steps:

1. Click the 1Password icon in the menu bar and choose Quit 1Password.
    2. Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
    3. From the menu bar, choose Go > Go to Folder.
    4. Copy and paste the following, then press Return: ~/Library/Group Containers/
    5. Find the folder titled 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password.
    6. Rename the folder to 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password.old.
    7. The next time you open 1Password, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account with your Secret Key and account password
  • @boberonicus

I'm happy to hear that the team was able to help you resolve the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.