1Password 7 for Windows 11 22H2 - new item not syncing - resolved

Unsafenow
Unsafenow
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1Password syncing to Dropbox. Added a new item on my Phone 13 today and it synced fine to my wifes phone but will not sync to my Windows 11 22H2 machine. Never had this issue in the many years I have used 1Password.

I removed the Edge extension and reinstalled. Exited Dropbox and restarted. Rebooted the machine. I have not exceeded the 3 device limit on Dropbox. I am about to do a reset all settings in 1Password but decided to check here first for anything obvious.

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Edge

EDIT - resolved. Was a Dropbox issue caused by Dropbox update changing location of Dropbox folders.

Comments

• Hello @Unsafenow,

Sorry for the delay, but we appreciate you letting us know this was resolved!

1Password accounts and (version 8) are available for Individuals and Families. Everything you save in 1Password automatically and securely appears throughout all devices your account is logged into, without the need of third party syncing solutions.

If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to us via email to support+forum@1password.com and a member of the team will be happy to assist you further.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Hi @ag_mike_d

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer my stand-alone license and Dropbox approach with 1Password thanks.

I dislike subscription and "all in one house" approaches to password management. One reason why I do not use Keychain.

I would have been happy to pay for stand-alone 1Password updates but 1Password have made it very clear that stand alone licenses are not viable for the business.

When my stand-alone license finally stops working, I'll move to another software offering but it won't be subscription.

Thanks again.

Edit - oh and the issues with FaceID and iPassword ver 8 soured me even further towards the new offering.

• Hello again @Unsafenow,

You're most welcome! We appreciate your feedback about 1Password 8 and understand your current set up with 1Password 7 is preferred. Should you decide otherwise, the offer still stands and you can reach out to us anytime at support+forum@1password.com if you have questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member

As a follow up, given the end of support for 1Password 7 iOS, I have switched to the subscription model.

Dragged kicking and screaming and TBH, the UI in Ver 8 is no where near as usable as Ver 7 on a day to day usage. Apart from the rather 'too cutesy' UI.

Yes there is some of the 'getting used to it' feeling but it just is not as polished as Ver 7, yet.

I don't miss Dropbox sync and its restrictions however but also miss have a local vault.

I didn't think I would outlive my lifetime license.

• Hello @Unsafenow,

Sorry for the delay in response. I'm happy to hear you made the move 1Password.com and appreciate the feedback.

We're constantly refining 1Password 8 based off of feedback from our customers. If you have suggestions or improvements you'd like to see implemented, specifically for 1Password 8 for iOS, I'd like to direct to the iOS section of the 1Password Support Community here: iOS — 1Password Support Community

If you have any further questions or concerns about 1Password 8 for Windows, please let us know: Windows — 1Password Support Community

Thanks and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.