Persistent red "!" badge in Chrome extension

Options

For several months now I have had the same very minor issue. Occasionally I get the famous red exclamation mark "!" badge in Chrome extension. 1P works fine so I can ignore it until I need to sync properly. Then I follow the instructions in the user guide article "Troubleshooting the new browser extensions" here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/helper-not-connected.html
What I usually end up doing is re-installing the browser extension. Then the badge goes away, for a few hours or a day or so. But later it comes back.
The desktop app is the latest version, Chrome is Version 28.0.1500.72 m (up to date).
Running Windows 7, MS Security Essentials (up to date), Windows Firewall on with default settings.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• colmenareno
    colmenareno
    Community Member
    Options

I have emailed support my diagnostics report as requested by Khad earlier.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @colmenareno. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

This discussion has been closed.