1Password 8 does not detect which app is open

Options
dweidenfeld
dweidenfeld
Community Member

Hi,

I recently work on different remote machines using the Citrix Receiver app.

In 1Password 7 I just linked all relevant accounts with app://com.citrix.receiver.icaviewer.mac and it worked perfectly.
In 1Password 8 this does not seem to work.

I do not expect autofill, just that it displays the accounts matching the app automatically.

Is it possible with version 8? Do I do sth wrong?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey there @dweidenfeld

1Password 8 doesn't need you to do the whole "reverse URL" notation any more; when you open Quick Access and then Autofill an item into an app, you'll get a prompt to link that item to the app. Here's how to do that:

1. Launch your "target" app to be autofilled.
    2. Open 1Password's Quick Access – the default keyboard shortcut is ⇧⌘Space (Shift–Command–Space).
    3. Find the item you need and press ⇧↩ (Shift–Enter) to Autofill it.
    4. You'll see a prompt asking if you want to "Fill Once" or "Fill & Update Login".
    • "Fill Once" won't link that item to the target app
    • "Fill & Update Login" will add the target app to the Linked Apps section of that item

Give that a try, and take a look at this article from the 1Password Support website which might help:

Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

I'll be here if you need anything or have any questions. :)

— Grey

• dweidenfeld
    dweidenfeld
    Community Member
    Options

Worked, thanks. That was easy :)

• @dweidenfeld — Great! If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

so i tried this. But it doesn't seem to work reliably for me. and i used these schemes pretty heavily in 1Password7. They are insanely helpful for contextual computing. I am not really looking for autofill as these are pieces of information and not always passwords, but I want to refer or grab pieces of relevant info. The old mechanism using URI scheme worked well, but if there is a way to make work essentially the same way that would be great.

This discussion has been closed.