Why Do I have 2 1Password items in my startup items? I'm running 1Password 8

Options
justjack
justjack
Community Member

MacOS Ventura, 1Password 8 ver 8.9.8. I opened the login items control panel to add something else and noticed that the is a 1Password item and a 1Password 7.xxxxxxxxxx. Do I need both or is one a leftover for a previous instillation?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.41
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why Do I have 2 1Password items in my startup items? I'm running 1Password 8

Comments

• Hello @justjack! 👋

If you still see 1Password 7 in your Applications folder then you can drag it to the Trash. Then restart your Mac. If you still see the same login item after removing 1Password 7 and restarting your Mac then can you post a screenshot of what you see?

-Dave

• eravila
    eravila
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue but in my case no 1Password7 in my Applications folder. How can I remove this?

macOS Ventura 13.4
    1Password 8.10.7

• Dave_1P
    Options

@eravila

Thank you for the question. Just to clarify: are you also seeing an entry for 1Password 7 when you open System Settings > General > Login Items? Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see?

Have you already emptied your Trash and restarted your Mac? I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• eravila
    eravila
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Thanks for you reply. I followed your advice to empty the trash and restart the mac. It worked. The 1Password 7.xxxxx item disappeared. Solved.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that everything is working now. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.