Safari Extension Requires does not prompt for TouchID on first try

Hello

On Safari, when clicking the 1Password extension, the first click always prompts for a password. If I close the dialog box and try again, it then will accept TouchID.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 12.6.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @shampoo,

The behaviour you are describing sounds strange, I'd be interested to take a closer look at what is happening when you first click on the 1Password extension to unlock.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

Hello. I have sent in the logs. I haven't quite figured out what triggers it, but I am fairly certain it only happens after my MBP goes to sleep or the lid is closed. If 1Password locks itself or I lock it, I cannot reproduce the bug.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @shampoo do you have your ticket number or Support ID? If so, please let us know. We'll make sure that you get a response.

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

Yes it's: RRZ-68596-693
    They are asking for a screen recording. I am having a hard time reproducing the issue. I'll keep trying.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@shampoo I'll take a closer look at your ticket and help from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.