None of the Chrome, Firefox or Safari extensions work since upgraded to 1Password8 on Mac

Earely
Earely
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

None of the Chrome, Firefox or Safari extensions work since I upgraded to 1Password8 on Mac recently.
Previously I could just click on the website in 1 Password and the page would open in all my my browsers, 1 Password would fill in the UN and password and the site would open with me signed in. Now I have to copy and paste all that info.
Have tried numerous times to load the extensions and Can't get it to work. Is there any "Live" tick support for 1Passwords?? New version Seems to work fine on my PC.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 80908009, on PRODUCTIO
OS Version: 11.7.1 (20G918)
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension

Comments

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member

I am having the same issue on a MacBook Air M2 running Ventura. Please advise.
    1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)

• Hey @Earely, @ewiesner26,

It sounds like 1Password in your browser may be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

Before we go any further can you give the below steps a try:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on!

• Jason0
    Jason0
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles I am having the same issues on my M1 Mac. Previous Intel Mac was working fine, fwiw. I unlock the desktop app with my fingerprint, but the firefox extension remains locked. I followed your instructions, restarting both 1Password and firefox, open and unlock 1P, then open firefox, but the firefox 1Password extension is still locked :( In case it helps, here are the versions I'm running

1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
    1Password for Firefox Version 2.3.8
    Firefox 107.0.1 (64-bit)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Jason0, sorry about the trouble with 1Password in Firefox. Could you try the additional steps below to see if they help?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Jason0
    Jason0
    Community Member

@Joy_1P thanks, I followed the instructions but it still wasn't working, so I sent an email with my logs and here is the support ID [#ZFM-14392-997]

• Thanks @Jason0

ref: ZFM-14392-997

This discussion has been closed.