Check Credit Card Entries for Errors

Options

When adding a new credit card to 1Password, it seems like it will accept most anything I enter, even letters for credit card number and verification number.

To prevent erroneous entries it seems to me that 1Password should do some basic checks and not let you move to the next field (with a pop-up explaining why), or at the very least warn you that it looks like an error. It should only allow numbers for the credit card number and verification, it should make sure the number is the correct number of digits based on the card type, it should do a checksum per the particulars of the card to make sure it's a valid card number, and expiration dates should be be in the realm of possible. I've entered my browser version, but it's the same issue in the standalone Mac version.

1Password Version: 2.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOs 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:checksum credit card

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @WA Dan, thanks for reaching out. You've made some very good points, and I've shared your feedback with our developers. Hopefully there will be a feature to validate card numbers and verification numbers in credit card items in the future.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

IDEA-I-1600

This discussion has been closed.