Regarding the "Save in 1Password" "Unlock to Save" pop-up dialog box.

Dear Devs, if there isn't an option already, can we please get a check box to "Don't show this again" for the "Save in 1Password" "Unlock to Save" popup that shows up when we use MS Active Directory, Google, etc credentials to log in something? On my work laptop, I keep 1Password locked most of the time specifically because I don't want it saving my work credentials, and I don't want reminders to do so. Every time I log into something with my Windows credentials, I get this pop-up, and I can't find a way to disable it. I can't think of a reason to force it upon us every single login. Surely even the most absent-minded will notice it after 30 logins and can decide I they want to accept or not. Please let me disable this pop-up permanently, with an option in preferences to turn it back on if I ever change my mind. Thanks for your consideration!

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• waltherg
    waltherg
    Community Member

Dito. Since the latest plugin upgrade in Chrome I get this utterly pointless reminder when opening portal.azure.com at work - even though I'm already logged in!
    I don't even understand what this pop-up is trying to achieve here.

Whatever this pop-up is please just add a "perma X" to it so we can decide whether we want to see this again or not.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @adamreiswig @waltherg sorry about the interruption to your workflows. To turn off the suggestions to save SSO logins, you can follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Autofill.
    3. Disable "offer to save new provider sign-in's".

Here's what that would look like: https://share.cleanshot.com/HNYpGz

Hope that helps!

• waltherg
    waltherg
    Community Member

Excellent, thanks @Joy_1P I believe that fixed the issue for me!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@waltherg You are welcome!

• adamreiswig
    adamreiswig
    Community Member

Hmm, I’ve disabled both that and “Offer to fill and save passwords” and I’m still getting the pop up. :(

• Hey @adamreiswig,

I'm sorry for the trouble, if you right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Settings', do you have any of the 4 settings within the Autofill section enabled?

• adamreiswig
    adamreiswig
    Community Member

Weirdly enough after a reboot my issue is resolved. Thank you for pointing out the setting. I had been looking through the settings of the app and not the browser extension.

• You are most welcome @adamreiswig, let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.