Quick Access dark mode / light mode buggy; text is almost unreadable

ikjadoon
ikjadoon
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

Hello! Here's what I'm seeing; my laptop is a MacBook Air (OS below) and macOS is currently in light mode.

As can be seen, that is nigh unreadable. The contrast violates WCAG's accessibility guidelines, so I assume it's a bug.

For what it's worth, earlier today, I installed 1Password (macOS app + extension) so I believe they should be running their defaults. Luckily, both the application & extension have proper text contrast:

It's just Quick Access that is broken. Is this intended behavior: white text on a light background? If so, Environmental details below. I'm sure a quick restart will fix it, but if there's any logs I can send before that, let me know. Here are my interface settings in the macOS app:

I'm also not sure what my device accent color is: could that be a problem? Or is this genuinely a bug?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.10 (80910043)
Extension Version: Version 2.5.1
OS Version: 12.6.1 (21G217)
Browser:_ 108.0.1462.46 (Official build) (arm64)

Comments

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member

Once macOS auto-switched into dark mode, this is obviously working. Looks like just light mode seems to be having problems.

• paul_wilky
    paul_wilky
    Community Member

I have this issue too. This is not normal behaviour and is a bug.

Appreciate it if the developer could advise when this will be fixed please?

• Hi all.

We are aware of this rendering issue, and our development team are working on a solution. As a workaround, if you lock 1Password from the 1Password menu, then unlock it, Quick Access will show the correct colours again.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I've added this thread to our internal investigation.

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#13918

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member

Thank you for the 2nd confirmation, @paul_wilky and the confirmation from 1Password, @GreyM1P. I appreciate 1Password is aware and working on a fix.

Thank you for the workaround, as well; I'll keep that noted.

Will be excited for the update to release to stable.

• @ikjadoon

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member

Happily, @Dave_1P! I thought, "better to have it reported in case others have it, too, but 1P isn't aware yet"; luckily, 1P was a step ahead!

• We appreciate the effort and kind words, @ikjadoon! 😊

• paul_wilky
    paul_wilky
    Community Member

Has this been fixed in v8.9.12 for mac?

• @paul_wilky

I've checked the internal work item and it looks like our developers are still working on this issue. When the issue is fixed you'll see it listed in our release notes here: 1Password Releases

Thank you again for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.