Samsung S8 Tab Issue

Options
willxzero
willxzero
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Android

Hi, I checked the forums and didn't find any answers on this. I have a Samsung S8 Tab with a physical keyboard attached. When I'm in a browser (any) with the samsung keyboard set as default it won't show the autofill unless I dis-connect the keyboard. If the keyboard is set to Gboard it will show the autofill below the row. Is there a fix for this? I guess the workaround would be to just use Gboard.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Kiwi

Comments

• Hi @willxzero,

I'd first suggest checking if the Display Autofill Prompts option in the 1Password 8 for Android app is enabled by following the steps below:

1. Open 1Password 8 for Android
    2. Tap the hamburger (three vertical lines) button in the top left then tap the profile icon
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill
    4. Tap Display Autofill Prompts and select Below the fields they relate to

If this doesn't resolve the issue, I'd next try the following steps below:

1. Open your device Settings
    2. Tap General Management
    3. Tap Physical Keyboard
    4. Toggle Show on screen keyboard to On.

I hope this helps

-- Brendan

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brendan, I've just been toggling the keyboard on or removing the physical keyboard. Doesn't seem like there's a answer for it. Thanks for answering!

• Hi @willxzero, thanks for following up with us.

For myself, the best solution has been setting Autofill prompts below fields. Setting prompts below fields means that 1Password will default to displaying Autofill prompts below the field you tap rather than the suggestion strip of an on-screen keyboard. With this change, most potential keyboard related Autofill issues can be bypassed which should include the issue you described in your initial post here.

For this issue, as you mentioned, you can also switch to another on-screen keyboard as the default. SwiftKey and Gboard are good options. Alternatively you can set Samsung Keyboard to always display on screen even when a physical keyboard is in use.

If you'd like to try setting Autofill prompts below fields, you can follow the first set of steps BrendanR1P shared. If you get the chance to try that, let us know how it goes and thanks again!

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Tim, that works. It shows options below, however it only shows the last 3 passwords I've used and not the correct username/password for the website. I do have the correct website on 1password.

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member
    Options

Just to follow up on this, it seems it might be Kiwi browser, the suggestions work fine on Samsung Internet Browser. I think I'm good Tim, thanks for following up on this thread. I'll play around with it, but I think I'm good!

• Hi @willxzero, thanks for your reply.

It shows options below, however it only shows the last 3 passwords I've used and not the correct username/password for the website.

Kiwi browser does not have Autofill support with 1Password which causes it to be treated as an app rather than a browser for filling. Due to this, items can become linked to Kiwi rather than specific websites so suggestions for the appropriate website may not appear. Supported browsers include: Brave, Chrome, Edge, DuckDuckGo, Firefox, Opera Touch, Samsung Internet and Vivaldi. Let me know if anything else comes up!

This discussion has been closed.