Persistent Mac OS pop-up: "1Password needs to update some of its files ..."

Options
bcrompton
bcrompton
Community Member

I'm getting the Mac OS pop-up that says: "1Password needs to update some of its files ... ", requesting that you enter Administrator credentials. A team response to a previous post says that this may well appear when 1Password is initially installed. However, I see this on a regular basis (two or three times a month). My wife is also getting them. I don't see any other mention on the forum, or on the Internet, so we are a bit suspicious. Should we be concerned? Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi there @bcrompton

Could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Take a screenshot on your Mac

🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any real names, usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, your Secret Key, or account password are visible.️

Drag the screenshot into the "Leave a Comment" box here or use the 📄 Attach File button. Then I can take a look and see what's going on. It sounds like it's to be expected, but let's be on the safe side. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• viola07
    viola07
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Here is my screenshot of the dialog box. I authorized all the dialog boxes during the installation and upgrade, this unexpected popup is unusual for any software and more worrisome for my password manager. Is there a way to confirm it is valid?

• @viola07

That pop-up would be expected – 1Password needs to ask your permission to work in certain folders. Because the 1Password icon appears with the padlock icon on the pop-up, that's macOS telling you what app has requested that permission, so it's safe to proceed. :)

This discussion has been closed.