The attempt to upgrade from 7 to 8 failed.

Options
CRG
CRG
Community Member

The attempt to upgrade from 7 to 8 failed.
But now version 7 no longer opens the safe - and no longer accepts my password, which is accepted on 3 other devices without any problems.
How can I do a "reset" from version 7 to a Mac?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.2 (21G320)
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:The attempt to upgrade from 7 to 8 failed. But now version 7 no longer opens the safe - and no longer accepts my password, which is accepted on 3 other devices without any problems. How can I do a "reset" from version 7 to a Mac?

Comments

• Hi there @CRG

In 1Password 7, you might have had a vault called Primary, which wouldn't have been syncing with your 1Password account. The "Master Password" you would have used to unlock 1Password 7 would have been the password for that Primary vault.

In 1Password 8, you always use your account password to unlock. Make sure you can sign in to 1Password.com. If you can, that account password should also work to unlock the main 1Password app.

If you can't sign in to 1Password.com, please let me know. :)

— Grey

• CRG
    CRG
    Community Member
    Options

A vault called Primary: Yes.
    Make sure you can sign in to 1Password.com: Yes.
    If you can, that account password should also work to unlock the main 1Password: No!

Neither the old nor the master/secret password work.

• @CRG

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. In which case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Don't post your diagnostics report here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! I look forward to hearing from you.

• CRG
    CRG
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.
    I have understood:
    If you hold your data and your data access sacred, you should never switch to the beta bug version of 1Password.

• CRG
    CRG
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

People are now constantly being asked if they want to move their data!?
    No. Why does 1Password do this. Nobody wants to move their data without being told "where"!

[Edit: Profanity removed. -1Password Support]

• @CRG

I'm glad to hear you can still access your 1Password account through 1Password.com. Once we receive your diagnostics report, we'll be able to help you with 1Password on your Mac. Your other devices won't have been affected by anything that's happened with your Mac right now, and your 1Password data is kept separately from the app itself for situations just like this one.

1Password 8 for Mac was fully released in May 2022, so it's no longer in beta. I'm sorry you've not had the best experience in upgrading. We'll do everything we can to help you out with upgrading on your Mac. Once you have a Support ID number from the BitBot reply, I'll be able to make sure your email goes to the most appropriate team to help you.

This discussion has been closed.