Default for Save in 1Password Fails

Options
MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member

My Default Save in is set to MMV.

If I create a new item and Save in 1Password, the Save In Vault is Private rather than MMV. How do I fix It?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.11 (80911019)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOC 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Default for Save in 1Password Fails

Comments

• Hi @MikeV99,

Let me know if this isn't the case but it looks like that first screenshot is the setting in the 1Password 8 Mac app. If so, this default will only apply to items created in the app. To adjust the same setting in the browser extension you can right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar > Settings. In the new tab that appears, select you desired vault here:

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions!

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I have it pointing to same vault in both Settings and it fails using the browser. Works fine in the app.

• Hi @MikeV99,

Thanks for confirming, sorry to hear the issue persists. If you haven't already, I recommend trying a fresh installation of the browser extension. You can remove it by dragging "1Password for Safari" in your device's Application folder to the trash and then reinstalling it: Get started with 1Password in your browser

If that doesn't help or you've already tried it to no avail, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue (save a new item) and send us a console log:

Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach the console log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can link our conversations. Hopefully a look under the hood will give us a better idea what's causing this.

Thanks for your patience, looking forward to finding a solution with you. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.