Where is Share History and Editing ?

K2342
K2342
Community Member

Hello.

On web browser each item has a “View Share History” where you can view really useful metrics and editing features such as how it was shared, who viewed it, what the link is, who has access to it, and the ability to revoke the share entirely.

On iOS I can find none of these features - sharing is actually pretty limited and tucked away. This is a fairly big feature gap between platforms - as I can share something on iOS but then I need to run to a web browser in order to view the share details or revoke it.

If this does exist on iOS and I have missed this feature somehow please describe the click path.

If it is indeed a feature gap as I suspect, please toss this request into your backlog. Thank you.

Comments

• Hi there @K2342

You're quite right – at the moment, you can manage sharing from 1Password for Mac, Windows, Linux, or on 1Password.com. We're looking to bring that functionality to iOS and Android to bridge the gap.

In the meantime, this workaround might help if you're on mobile:

1. Find the item you've shared and tap the (•••) button in the top-right corner and tap Copy Private Link.
    2. Paste the private link into Safari and tap Go.
    3. On the prompt to open 1Password, tap Cancel.
    4. Enter your account password and sign in.
    5. You'll be taken directly to the item in question.
    6. You can then tap View Sharing History.

1Password.com is quite dense, so can be hard to navigate in a mobile browser on a small device, like my iPhone 12 mini. To counter that, tap the ᴀA button and set the page zoom to something smaller like 75%, and rotate to landscape. It'll then look a bit like this:

While that might not be ideal, it'll only be temporary until item sharing management can be brought to the mobile apps. Like you, I hope it won't be too long.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• K2342
    K2342
    Community Member

Hello

Thanks for confirming it’s a feature gap. And yes I am aware of how to get 1Password in a web browser on mobile device - but of course it’s not really a practical experience.

Thanks for adding my vote for feature parity among platforms.

• On behalf of Grey, you're welcome. Hopefully, we can improve on this behavior.

This discussion has been closed.