Create entry from quick access

snowy
snowy
Community Member

It would be great if you could create an entry from the quick access menu. And if desired use contextual info current app for linking or url of browser etc…

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited December 2022

Hi @snowy,

Thanks for sharing this idea, I really like the idea of pulling the website! I'll add this to our internal tracker on the topic.

In case it helps in the meantime, saving items via the inline menu with the 1Password browser extension will also save the website: Save and fill passwords in your browser

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-786

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member

to provide a little more context an example would be iTerm2. I need to create an entry for server I am connected too and could be notes, password, username whatever...I want it to 1 do the app linking, but if it could use the window title(or tab) to link it more accurately to given server. Same would be true for Fetch (SFTP).

• Thanks for these additional details and examples, @snowy, always helps when we're able to add context to these requests. I've added these for the product team to explore. 🙂

ref: PB-30567607

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member

I am going to bump this again. I would even be happy to just have the keyboard action to create a new entry from the Quick Access panel and it was window like the Open item where i could quickly enter some info. I have been in a number situations just in the last few days on the phone, webpage, or messaging with someone. I have need to create or save some info that is private or create a pin whatever. My first reaction is bring up the Quick Access panel, but realize i need to open 1Password's main window, than select new entry, select type of entry before I can enter anything.

• @snowy

Thank you for your feedback! I've passed it along to the team as well. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.