Quick access - autofill choose field

Options
snowy
snowy
Community Member

The ability to choose to autofill and pick which field ie.. username or password. I tried using autofill in iTerm2 and I couldn’t get to autofill, but also sometimes I just want the password to be filled.

Comments

• Hi @snowy,

Thanks for sharing this idea, to ensure I'm understanding it correctly, you'd like to see options in Quick Access to fill just the username or just the password for a particular item?

If you click the 3 dots or press the right arrow key on your keyboard when an item is selected you'll see some additional options, of which "copy username" and "copy password" are included:

I'd be interested to know if these work for your use case or if you have an idea for another implementation!

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

This stems from a few different areas
    First, the keyboard shortcuts for copy username and password (or any the built in functions) are not customizable.
    Second, eliminating a step and adding the data to the pasteboard
    Third, is sometimes 1Password may not know what I want to fill so if there is a prompt that I only need the username to be filled for or the password.

Does that help explain it better?

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

So I noticed one particular issue with iTerm2 when it prompts for a password. So autofill doesn’t seem to work, which I think is intentional from OS since it is a secure entry. So I think this particular use requires using the pasteboard.

This discussion has been closed.