Setting a New Master Password was unsuccessful in 1Password 8

Options
rob_tracy
rob_tracy
Community Member

Tried to Change Master Password, but8 1Password 8 continues to require the previous Master Password.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.16.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Setting a New Master Password was unsuccessful in 1Password 8

Comments

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

For the "Setting a New Master Password was unsuccessful in 1Password 8" post, the extension is "1Password in Safari".

• Hi @rob_tracy,

Sorry to hear your updated account password isn't reflecting in the app, could I confirm that the new password works on 1Password.com?

Let me know if so and we'll take it from there. I also recommend updating your Emergency Kit if you haven't already!

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

The new password seemed to work on Mac Book Pro

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

The new password seemed to work on Mac Book Pro. I reverted back to 1Password 7 because version 8 was always prompting for a sign in.

• Hi @rob_tracy,

Glad to hear your new account password is working now. If you give 1Password 8 another shot in the future, I recommend checking that your Unlock and Auto-lock settings are adjusted to your preference:

This should give you more control over how often 1Password asks you to sign in. Let me know if you give it a try or have any questions. 🙂

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

The new password seemed to work on Mac Book Pro.

Can you explain where I can change the Master Password in 1Password 7 so that it stays changed across all of my devices? I keep setting it under my profile after I log in, but for some reason it does not later stay changed across all devices.

This discussion has been closed.