App and website sync issues

Options
vdesai2
vdesai2
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

I am currently trying to migrate off LastPass over to 1password. I am having an issue with syncing the application with the website. When I go to the watchtower in the windows app it shows 8 reused passwords. When I log in to 1password.com and go to watchtower it shows 54 reused password. When you check on the website it is correct.
The second issue is when I check the unsecured website section under watchtower the website shows a handful of websites. The unsecured website is not a category that appears on the windows app.

What do I need to do to fix this issue?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.2364
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• vdesai2
    vdesai2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d can you kindly tag the proper person at 1password to help with this issue?

• Hello @vdesai2! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. On 1Password.com have you selected the Private vault or another vault before viewing Watchtower?
    2. In the 1Password 8 for Windows app, do you have a collection selected that only includes that one Private vault or are you using a collection with other vaults as well? You can learn more about collections here: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• vdesai2
    vdesai2
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

1. Yes just the private vault
    2. I have the default setup still (no collections) so I am just clicking on watchtower and whatever it is displaying. Happy to upload or send you a screenshot.
  • @vdesai2

Is it possible that you have more vaults than just the Private vault? If you do then, by default, 1Password 8 (and Watchtower) will be set to view all of the vaults in your account and that could explain the different numbers of reused passwords when compared to 1Password.com (where you're just viewing the Private vault).

Can you create a new collection with just your Private vault and then select it in the sidebar? When you view Watchtower in 1Password 8 with just that collection selected do you now see the same number of reused passwords as on 1Password.com?

-Dave

• vdesai2
    vdesai2
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

I set up a collection and just added my private vault. Still the same results the watchtower information is different vs 1password.

Window app Watchtower only shows inactive two-factor auth
    1password.com shows resused password; unsecured website; two-factor (different then windows app)

Happy to send you a screenshot

• @vdesai2

Thank you for the reply. Could you send the screenshot that you mentioned to support+forum@1Password.com so that I can take a closer look? After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• vdesai2
    vdesai2
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#VED-37733-239]

• Hi @vdesai2, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there πŸ˜„

ref: #VED-37733-239

This discussion has been closed.