1PW Extension not Auto Filling Fields: Can Website Code Cause This?

Hi, trying to figure out if this is deliberate behaviour caused by website coding or some kind of anomaly or bug. I'm aware of the ability of sites or forms to have autocomplete="off" or similar code, and the discussions in threads like As a web developer, how can I disable 1Password filling for a specific field? Any guidance on if this explainable or is worth raising as a support issue with dev team would be appreciated.

1. Sometimes (see Protonmail logon screen below that I took a snip of this morning) 1PW Extension will have the icon show up in a field to autofill but it just won't fill or pop up the vault item name for you to click on to initiate fill. No matter what you do. Clicking on the Extension Icon on the browser toolbar will pop up the correct vault entry for the website but again when you click on the 'autofill' option nothing happens - like it's being blocked. This happens when I am logged into both the desktop app and the browser extensions and I don't have travel mode enabled and its working fine for other websites. I don't have an exhaustive list of which sites it affects, its a small subset of the sites I use 1PW on - enough to be annoying, but as mentioned Protonmail this morning is definitely one and what reminded me to post about it?

2. The other scenario is similar but in its case the icon does not even appear in the field - like 1PW (or any any password manager or autofill function) has been completely suppressed by the site - I can imagine this being deliberately possible as I presume some sites may try and prevent any autofill or pasting into logon fields to dissuade bad actors, etc, doing credential stuffing attacks and similar? I do have 1-2 sites I use where I have to manually type in the password every time - autofill is disabled/blocked and I can't even copy & paste from 1PW into the relevant fields...

1Password Version: 8.9.10 (for Windows)
Extension Version: 2.5.1 for Brave
OS Version: Win 10 (21H2) 19044.2364
Browser: Brave 1.46.144 (Chromium: 108.0.5359.128)

This discussion has been closed.