Is it now possible to export to csv?

Options
DeciusMus
DeciusMus
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

Hello,

is it now possible to export to csv?
I had asked the question at the end of 2021 and I take the liberty of coming back to ask the question :-)

my thread in 2021

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@DeciusMus

This is limited to usernames and passwords generally. It is possible to get a complete CSV export of all data fields if required, from a 1PUX export.

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    thanks a lot for setting up this feature. :-)
    I just had to replace the separator "," by a ";" to allow me to import in my xls (the ";" is more often used in Europe)

• Thanks as always for the assist here, @MrC. 👍

@DeciusMus - the details of export formats can also be found in our guide: How to export data from 1Password

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member
    Options

no,
    it's nice... everything is clear to me 👍

• hardybird
    hardybird
    Community Member
    Options

I am currently testing 1Password as an alternative to Lastpass. I always want the ability to export my data into an easy-to-manipulate unencrypted format (preferably csv) for both portability and offline-backup purposes. I downloaded the MrC Converter Suite and read the instructions for Windows users. While I commend you @MrC for your excellent work, the fact that users have to jump through hoops just to extract ALL data to csv is not acceptable. Whether the 1Password folks intend it or not, the inability to easily export all data to a csv or other standard format (supported by other vendors) is a de facto affront to data portability. I am truly sorry this is the case and will now have to consider not using 1Password.

• Ben
    Options

@hardybird

Please avoid posting the same message in multiple threads; thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.