Mac has 2 versions of iPassword, 8 & 7. How to delete 7?

Lynda
Lynda
Community Member

For some reason the download of v8 did not delete v7. Now passwords could be in either version, as I've made changes without noticing the duplicates. I'm trying to delete the V7, but I get in a loop, even after deleting v.7 items out of the Library, it says it's open, I close it and try again and it's saying there are some extensions still installed. I thought I had gone thru all of the various library folders, but don't find any others. How do I get out of this mess, and what happens if I have deleted items needed for v. 8?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac has 2 versions of iPasswodr, 8 & 7. How to delete 7?

Comments

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Mac OS Ventura
    Safari

• Hello @Lynda! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into trouble when upgrading from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8. Before I suggest anything, can you please tell me the following so that I can better understand the situation:

1. Do you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    2. Do you see a standalone "Primary" vault when you open 1Password 7 for Mac?

You can check for a Primary vault on your Mac by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 for Mac.
    2. Click on the Vaults option in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
    3. Click on Switch to Vault.
    4. Do you see a Primary vault listed?

-Dave

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Mac OS Ventur

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Dave, I just replied to your message, but after I signed in, it does not appear here. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll reply in this forum.
    Lynda

• @Lynda

I only see the following comment:

1Password 7
    Mac OS Ventur

Can you let me know the answers to the questions that I posed here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/669993/#Comment_669993

Once I know the answers to those questions I'll be able to better help you. 🙂

-Dave

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

1Password 7 - Yesterday I had help from a Mac advisor and managed to delete v.7, and today I check and it appears that v.8 is working fine. I have no way of knowing if I lost anything (re: new passwords) or not, but I can always reset any that are wrong. My only question at this point is I still have several old 1Password accounts listed in my Personal Vault that I'd like to remove. What's the best way of doing this? And no I do not have a Primary vault shown.

• Hi @Lynda,

You can double check your account contents by logging into the same 1Password account on 1Password.com in your browser.

Regarding items you no longer need in 1Password 8, you can right-click them from the item list and choose to delete or archive them from the options that appear:

Give those a try and let me know how things go or if you have any questions!

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Mac OS Ventura
    Thanks

• @Lynda

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can assist further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Yesterday I had a session with a Mac advisor and we finally managed to delete the V.7. Today I opened the V.8 and it looks like most of my data is intact. I didn't think to verify the number of accounts before I deleted V.7. II was concerned that in deleting all of the system items I might mess up v.8, but it looks like it's working. I do need to dent several items from the Personal Vault on v.8 though, since I still have 1Password 6 & 7 listed there. What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Lynda

• @Lynda

Thank you for the reply. Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums I recommend that you contact our support team so that they can take a closer look and advise further.

You can send the email to support+forum@1Password.com

Once you receive a reply from BitBot please post the Support ID here (it looks like [#ABC-12345-678]) so that I can make sure that the email gets to the proper team. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.