I'm admittedly very new to 1Password so am probably doing something wrong. I hopped ship from LastPass yesterday after being with them since 2016 and watching various breaches, and never being prompted to update my password iteration from the 5000 that was set in 2016. You don't know what you don't know.
First, I'm excited to see this is an active community and that 1Password implements good security standards, while still maintaining cloud sync and multiple device features, which support my usage.
Having said that I've ran into a few issues, a suggestion, and have a question as well.
For my current setup I have 1Password installed on my Android phone (Google Pixel 7 Pro), I have 1Password for Windows 8.9.10 (80910043) installed on my Windows 11 PC, and I have the Chrome extension installed. I've made sure I have all Windows updates, and have my extension and the Windows app. I've added two YubiKey 5 series and Google Authenticator for MFA.
1. In the Chrome extension I cannot Save or Update items. I have a screenshot showing both of these. There is a button to save/update and I get red text below that says Unable to save item.
2. In Chrome extension I am unable to use the suggested password. I have a screenshot that shows this. I can click the button, it turns blue but nothing happens. I can't copy the suggested password, and I cannot use the mouse cursor to highlight and use it. Likewise a right-click provides a context menu but nowhere in there is the option to get the password that is suggested.
3. Syncing does not really seem to work. I have tried adding changed passwords (going through an intermediary text editor due to the aforementioned issues above regarding he chrome extension not working well) directly to site in my vault in the 1Password website, directly to the Chrome extension, and directly to the Windows app. In all cases syncing does not seem to work. I found this out first after changing all my email passwords and then being hosed trying to use them later. Luckily quitting the Windows app and logging back in, once I figured that all out, forced a sync. However this issues continues to occur. I hope I don't need to quit the Windows app every time I update or change a password as I want to change most of my 300 passwords due to the LastPass breach.
1. What is the flow most people use (or recommended) to change a website password in 1Password? Do you change it in the Chrome extension, Windows App, or 1Password site? Frankly I'm hoping for whatever syncs fastest so I don't have to deal with lockouts and resets again.
2. Are there additional security settings that are recommended to increase, such as iterations/others, so as to lessen/mitigate my issues if 1Password is breached like LastPass was?
1. Perhaps this exists and I've missed it but I do miss being able to easily generate a strong password anywhere with LastPass. In 1Password I've found this in the Chrome extension in the hamburger menu --> Password Generator. I have yet to find this in the Windows App or the 1Password site. Outside of going into a specific existing site and then clicking edit. The problem is that only works for existing items, not for new sites that are being added.
2. Please recognize when a new credential has been created for a site, or updated with an existing site and give us the option to add the new item, or update the existing item. It was a nice feature in LastPass that makes adding and updating credentials much more seamless.
Lastly I recognize that some of the issues, questions, and suggestions above may be from me being new to 1Password and not aware of all of its features and usage.
Thanks in advance for any assistance, it is greatly appreciated.
1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.963