Compare entries and vaults

snowy
snowy
Community Member

I recently imported entries from externals sources in an attempt to consolidate into 1p. I noticed I have a bunch of duplicate entries. So each of the 2 imports I did. I imported them into their own vaults as to not co-mingle known Good entries.

Is there way to compare/diff and or link the entries together easily across vaults or even within a single vault? I am basically looking to audit and batch fix these somehow. I have my own entries plus a shared vault I need to do this for.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023

@snowy

The way I would do this would be to convert each of the vaults into a monolithic CSV and compare the resulting CSV files. You will have to massage the CSV files for easy diff-ing, depending upon the fields in your vaults, and also remove time stamp columns since those are likely to be different.

See my reply here for instructions I just posted regarding this conversion. Convert the vault(s) that you want into CSV files, open them to remove data columns you want ignored, export again as CSV, and then using command line diff to compare the contents. You may need / want to sort also.

The suite can also perform cross-conversion. If the suite has a converter for your previous password manager (I'm presuming that's where your data came from), you can convert from that export data format directly to CSV.

Ask if you need more help.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member

Ok that’s what I thought. These were CSVs I made conform to 1p template for columns. But I didn’t sort them. And apparently I had multiple copies of entry in multiples places. I did more an overview of the entries. So I may attempt to do this since I few hundred entries between the 2 vaults.

This discussion has been closed.