Unexplained how items ended up in trash

Options
touchDown
touchDown
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

After not finding a login password in 1Password, I found that it was in the trash. There were other items in the trash as well (two logins and twelve passwords). I cannot explain how these items ended up in the trash. Is there a way to figure out what happened ? I can restore all items, but then I may lose information about the date that they got moved to the trash (but then I don't see anything other than "last modified" and "created" dates--and it's neither of those). I almost exclusively use the program on a Mac, but do occasionally retrieve a password on iPhone.

Computer and computer programs are rather deterministic. Things happen for a reason. So, I am kind of perplexed and slightly disturbed. Again, looking at the items in the trash, I see no reason that they should be in there.

Thanks, in advance, for any explanation/assistance.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.17.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@touchDown

That version of 1Password is pretty long in the tooth. :-)

There's no log that would explain the why this occurred, and I can't imagine the software just went nuts and decided to toss a few items into the trash as a form of practical joke on you.

Perhaps an accidental (I don't recall the keybinding in v6) Cmd-Delete? Or the cat jumped onto the keyboard? Or you were using the same keybinding in another program and unknowingly swapped to 1Password. Or Ambien?

There's no Date Moved to Trash; as you've noted, there is only the record modified and created dates.

• touchDown
    touchDown
    Community Member
    Options

Ah . . . yes, all good points. I'll look into the keybinding and with two indoor cats . . . it's possible.

Thanks for the reply and will look into how to upgrade to a new plan . . .

• @touchDown

I'm happy to see that @MrC was able to offer some good suggestions.

If you have an old license for 1Password 6 then we're currently offering big discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.