1Password Linking to related items problems

markemark
markemark
Community Member

I am having issues using the link to related items in 1Password on Mac - using the app.
I have latest version of 1password and am running macOS 13.0.1

Issues

• When I try to link a social security number to an identity - I cannot
  • when I edit either Social Security Number or the Identity and search for 'link related item' it only shows logins -

Same with Driving Licence and Passport.

Can this feature be added so I can link things together ?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Linking to related items problems

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @markemark

I was able to link an Identity item, a Driver License, and a Passport item to a Social Security Number item, using the latest stable version of 1Password for Mac:

If you've named your Identity, Driver License, or Passport items something different, that's what you'll need to use as a search term when linking a related item. Give that a try if you haven't already and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need anything. :)

EDIT: It should be noted that this test worked linking from all four item types to each other.

— Grey

• markemark
    markemark
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hi @GreyM1P - found the issue - the identity was in my personal vault - other items were in the shared vault.
    Moved shared and now can link fine - thanks :-)

However I found that the links are not added automatically for the reverse link.

i.e. I add Driving Licence as related link to Identity
    BUT I have to manually add Identity as link to Driving Licence

• @markemark – That would do it! To link an item to another item, they must be in the same vault, so that would explain why it happened. Links are also one-way, a bit like a shortcut to a file on your computer. If you like, you can also set up the link in the other direction so that you can hop between the two (or more) items.

This discussion has been closed.