How do I do a bulk delete of my passwords after a failed import from LastPass?

Options
carlwalter333
carlwalter333
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

I have over 400 failed entries and am looking for a bulk delete option without deleting my entire account. Is there another option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I do a bulk delete of my passwords after a failed import from LastPass?

Comments

• Hi there @carlwalter333

The instructions for this will depend on what device you're using 1Password with. I'll include the possibilities below, but if you need any further help, let me know what device you're using and I'll be able to tune my advice to that.

On a Mac, click All Items in the sidebar, then click one item in the list and press ⌘A (Command–A) to select all, then press ⌘⌫ (Command–Delete) to delete them.

On Windows or Linux, click All Items in the sidebar, then click one item in the list and press Ctrl+A to select all, then press Ctrl+Backspace to delete them.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@carlwalter333

I'll add... in case you happen to have multiple vaults, or have other items existing prior to the LastPass import, but sure you are selecting only the items you want deleted.

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

More than 1.5 years ago I tried to transition from LastPass to 1Password and was totally lost. So I let my account expire and never went back. Now I have reactivated my account and am trying to leave LastPass for 1Password and am LOST again. How do I delete all my data and start over? Passwords that are in 1P are old ones or erroneous. I have a couple of hundred sites labled simply "Login" with a little box to the left and are void. Along with a lot of my sites listed but many with out of date or non-working passwords.

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Dont know
    OS Version: Win 10
    Browser:_ Chrome
    Referrer: forum-search:i want to delete all my data and start over

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@BMat

The easiest way to manage items is using the Desktop apps, not the browser.

Download + Install 1Password 8 for Windows, and log into your account in the app. Then, see the comments here:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/670311/#Comment_670311

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey. Thank you for your help. When I follow the instructions for Win 10, I click on one item in the list, then ctrl+A nothing happens. I checked my version in Settings-Version I see I have version Version 2.5.1 I thought I downloaded the latest one version 8? What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your patience.

• @BMat

Those instructions will work in the main 1Password apps, rather than 1Password in the browser. If you haven't already, download and install 1Password for your computer from here:

1Password – Downloads

Then you'll be able to use the keyboard shortcuts as shown.

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey - I did download the desktop version when I re-signed up. I was using the desktop version...the iPhone/i Pad mobile apps do not have CTRL-A does it? But it still does not work on desktop. I must be doing something wrong. Sorry to bug you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@BMat,

It works like this... (I clicked an item, and typed Ctrl-A to Select All)

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    Options

My screen is arranged differently which is probably why its not working for me. See screenshot attached and see what I am doing wrong or why I am not in the right place.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @BMat !

You are using the browser extension, and the screenshot from @MrC is showing the desktop app. I think that such a bulk operation isn't possible in the browser extension.

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    Options

AH! I did it! I deleted all of them. I will now try to download again from LastPass. THANK YOU!!!

• BMat
    BMat
    Community Member
    Options

And imported without a hitch! Thank you so much for your patience!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're very welcome, @BMat ! Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.