Totally Confused 1Password on iMac via Web Browser (Chrome)

mhbmhbmhb
mhbmhbmhb
Community Member

I have had 1Password on my iphone since 2018 and I pay $3.99 a month for 1Password v7 via Apple subscription. It was never linked to my desktop but has served my needs on my phone but have no way to export my vault. I also had the free version of Last Pass on my desktop which shut down and need to change all my passwords which I am in the process of doing. I signed up for 1Password Family plan last week on my iMac via my browser. I had to use a different email address than the one associated with the 1password on my iPhone. I was able to export/import my Last Pass data befire aI closed my account into a 1Password vault that I created called Last Pass.

Here is where I am confused.

Question 1 - I searched on 1Password about how to export my vault into a csv file as I would like to print a hard copy out so I can manually work on changing all my passwords in order of importance. I have almost 200 passwords. I am logged in at my.1password.com but do not see where I find the File-Export option.

Question 2 - am I also supposed to download the 1Password app for my iMac - what is difference between using the web version and the app when you are on a desktop?

Question 3 - at what point or how will I be able to replace the 1Password version 7 on my iPhone with a synced version of my new 1Password family account that I create don my desktop?

The web version says version 1413.

Thanks for help with any/all of the above.

1Password Version: Version 1413
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac os monterey 12.6.1
Browser:_ chrome

Comments

• mhbmhbmhb
    mhbmhbmhb
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Update - if I open 1Password app on my Mac I see my data from phone and it says 1Password v7. I believe it is synching from my phone via icloud. I was able to export this file to a CSV. So are you supposed to use the app only and not the web browser site? If I download the 1Password app fro Safari will that link with my new account?

• Hi @mhbmhbmhb,

Thanks for the update! If it's okay with you, I'd like to ask you to contact us via email at support+forum@1password.com. Please include a link to this thread so we can refer to what you've written here. We'll be happy to help consolidate your accounts and apps!

Looking forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• mhbmhbmhb
    mhbmhbmhb
    Community Member

Thanks - will do asap.

• @mhbmhbmhb

Thanks! We'll keep an eye out for your email. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.