Constantly corrupted app

instanttim
instanttim
Community Member

On my shared family iMac I keep getting an alert upon opening 1Password that says "Can't Open 1Password" and shows error -1.

I then get a crash report but I can't attach a text file (?!) and it's too long to post inline. I download the installer and reinstall the app and it works or awhile. Today it worked for about 4 minutes, I switched to another user, it was still working, I switched to another user and it wasn't working anymore. I went back to the admin user and it was indeed broken again, so I had to reinstall AGAIN.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8 (20G730)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

• @instanttim

-- Please update macOS from 11.6.8 to 11.7.2 prior to performing the following steps.

--

If you perform the following steps it should workaround the trouble. If you receive another 1Password update you may need to repeat these steps until we can fully resolve the trouble. You would only need to perform this steps in the admin account

1. On your admin Mac user account, open Terminal. It's in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder.
    2. Copy and paste each line below individually and press Enter after each one.
    3. Provide your macOS password when prompted. There will be no indication you are typing. Press Return
    cd /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron\ Framework.framework

sudo chmod -h 755 ./Electron\ Framework ./Helpers ./Libraries ./Resources

cd Versions

sudo chmod -h 755 ./Current

1. Log in to your standard Mac user account (as needed). You should have no trouble opening 1Password.
This discussion has been closed.